Thursday, August 16, 2007

Healthy Body, Sick Mind

A few random life thoughts.

#1- There are two kinds of hypochondriacs in the world. Those who spend their lives at the doctor, and those who fear the doctor. Both kinds constantly diagnose themselves over the internet. I am of the latter. Which is why most people who go to a doctor's visit and get a clean bill of health just go on with their day, but for me has been a week long celebration. In fact some of you reading this may have already gotten IMs or texts with the news. Everything is tip top, good cholesterol is high, bad cholesterol is low, just need to shed a few more pounds. Rock!

#2- It is mostly Lee, but there has been chatter in my ear about starting a Scream Bloody Virgin band. I imagine I would call it Scream Bloody Virgin. I don't think I would try to do it full time, the last thing the world needs is another failed local band. However I could see doing the random one-off show. What do people think? Anyone want to be in a theoretical/hypothetical band?

#3- I am trying to step up my social life a bit in anticipation and fear of video game season. The addition of the Wii to my life has brought me a lot of time playing Paper Mario and Resident Evil 4 when I should be making music or being out of the house. When guests are over Mario Strikers Charged gets broken out. Now on Tuesday Bioshock comes out, a first person shooter based on the writings of Ayn Rand. No, really. I pre-ordered the special edition that comes with a figurine and a soundtrack CD. No, really. Also in the next couple of months we are being cursed with Halo 3, Metroid Prime 3, Stranglehold and Eternal Sonata (an RPG based on the life of Chopin). What the hell am I going to do? I may need to take a week off of work just to play games.

A blog about recording Metal in Brooklyn.