Monday, April 30, 2007

This was unexpected....

The singer of Gods of Fire wants to adapt Burn, a song I wrote about being angry at Sebadoh, into a full on Metal tune. If you haven't heard the song yet you can find it here.

I am down to try it, but there are some interesting concerns. Jason said if it stays as a Scream Bloody Virgin track (my solo nom de plume) then the song is a "waste."

Is it? Just because I don't see myself "pushing" my solo music in the same way we "push" the band am I wasting a good song by keeping it for myself? Do I owe the Gods of Fire first crack at my "A" material? Although I am very proud of my latest GoF contribution The Dying Wizard, Burn is probably one of the more interesting things I have come up with lately, especially lyrically.

Really I just want people to hear my music I guess. Being precious about my songs has never particularly helped me. I am a bit nervous by what kind of changes would be made to make the song ready for Power Metal, but it is also exciting to think of a song entering the Gods of Fire repertoire that is actually about a subject that doesn't involve dragons or monsters or villagers.

At the very least I guess this is permission to try to write a little more "maturely" for the band. Stay tuned, things can get interesting.

A blog about recording Metal in Brooklyn.