Sunday, April 29, 2007

Got my ass kicked by a fairy......

The Green Fairy that is.......

Jon brought us back a few bottles of real Absinthe, wormwood, thujones and all.

It was a pretty fantastic evening, about 7 or 8 of us celebrating the return of Jon and Chris to America. Jon brought the Wii over, and we all had quite a blast.

Absinthe is a trip. Not literally, the hallucinogenic thing is a myth. However it is almost 70% alcohol, ie: 140 proof. It is practically licorice flavored moonshine.

The drunk is nothing I have experienced before. I was completely wasted, but my mind was 100% clear. So was my body. We were competing at Wii sports and everyone was doing quite well, despite the amount of alcohol in our systems. There was definitely a communal hive feeling. I guess that is why everything felt like a trip.

Everything was going well until we decided around 1:30 to hit the bars. The delicate balance of pretzels and absinthe in my system was working really well. I can only imagine if I had abstained from further alcoholic exploration where my night could have gone. I felt like a goddamned king and my confidence was through the roof.

However, three sips of beer and two drags from a cigarette I really should not have bummed outside changed everything. The room started spinning and all the drunk in my system changed from elegant to disastrous. I quickly said my goodbyes and rushed the first empty cab.

I woke up this morning at a quarter after ten and didn't like it. I woke up again at 12:45, popped Tylenol more for my aching neck and back and lay in bed watching a movie (Grandma's Boy, kinda funny but would never have watched it if I wasn't too hungover to find the remote) before I finally got myself motivated to do everything I need to get done today.

I am curious about everyone else's hangovers/experiences after I left. I wish we had a control case who only drank absinthe but everyone got beers at the bar, and Chris and Heidi mixed beer and absinthe all night.

Thank God I don't have plans to see the special friend for a few days. Right now I can barely look down without a world of pain. Is there a stretch you can do to prevent hurting yourself head banging? Does anyone know? I went full out at practice yesterday and I am in a world of pain. I have exercises to stretch my muscles and protect every part of my body from jumps, thrusts, lunges, even the repetitive stress of fretting a guitar. But every time I rock too hard my neck and upper back get FUCKED UP for about two days. What can I do?

Anyway. I'm off topic. Absinthe. I'm a fan. Jon is getting me a bottle of my own. I will see that fairy again and this time it is her ass that will be bloody and raw. mmmmmm bloody and raw..............

Alternate post title: Fairies Wear Boots (Why all the Sabbath on the brain lately?)

A blog about recording Metal in Brooklyn.