Sunday, April 1, 2007

On the Rebound......


Wow Sebadoh sucked last night!

This was my fourth time seeing them, and every Sebadoh show I have seen was completely awesome. The first was in Boston on the Harmacy tour, the second at Tramps opening for the Flaming Lips, and the third time was 2005 at North Six when Barlow and Lowenstein went out acoustic. Even that show, where they had pre-recorded drums on a cassette tape kicked the shit out of last night's big load of steaming horsey bullshit.

There were so many things wrong with this show I don't know where to begin. I see why Gaffney was thrown out of the band. He was fruity and useless. And why the hell was Crysis re-interpreted as a mellow song? What the fuck?

Lou, why is it the audience's fault that people weren't getting into these limp lifeless versions of your awesome songs? The reason people weren't "bugging out" for Give Up was because we knew it was going to be as neutered as every other fucking thing you fucked up.

I should have taken the 25 dollars I spent on a Sebadoh ticket and given it to Black Sabbath as a tip for rocking so hard the night before.

A blog about recording Metal in Brooklyn.