Sunday, July 22, 2007

Practicing what I Preach



So recently I wrote a call to arms for anyone in a band to be 12.5% as awesome as Rush. What I really meant, of course, was to reflect upon what you provide to a potential audience, especially in light of what the venue charges them to go see you. Well I wrote that as much for me as anyone else. I do enjoy maximum entertainment when I go out, even if the music is "important" or whatever.

So I spent a lovely day with Jason today that quickly evolved from corned beef hash at the Waverly and playing with pedals at Matt Umanov to spending quality time at the Home Depot and Abracadabra. Fun fact- Abracadabra is where I bought my battle axe.

We have some great things to show for our day. Gaze upon the new shit. More new shit to come. These are the baby steps. I reckon by the end of the summer, when tomato season has passed its prime, people will leave our shows saying "damn, that band was at least 20.1% as awesome as Rush!"

A blog about recording Metal in Brooklyn.