Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Tao of Seth

As Jane was kind enough to remind me recently, the main tenet of The Tao of Steve is to "always be excellent in her presence."

This is, as we all know, very true.

If this was to be customized for me, it would read "always be singing Karaoke in her presence."

I do not fully understand the power my Karaoke singing wields. Right now I am like a character in Heroes just coming to grips with their special abilities.

There is still much to learn. However there are a few things I have picked up on. For instance, Karaoke Mojo is unique to Karaoke itself, and not the rock band, or performance in general. Also the Mojo works whether it is live band Karaoke or in a bar.

The X Factor is that I do best either in a private room or with the live band. Not so much the regular Karaoke bar, and I am not sure why. Also, why Karaoke? I do not have the best singing voice. In fact it is quite bad. Is it my song selection? The way I attempt to imitate singers? Perhaps it has very little to do with the actual singing and more to do with how I am when I throw in a little Mr. Roboto. I often impress the dudes in a room. Is that a turn on for the ladies?

This matter requires further investigation. For now, Namaste

A blog about recording Metal in Brooklyn.