Sunday, March 25, 2007

On New Jersey

Before I write a lengthy post on the awesome fucking evening that was the Ross the Boss gig at Dingbatz I need to take a moment to reflect on Bon Jovi's beloved home state.

Why do I hate on Jersey? Because of the meatheads who infiltrate Manhattan and scream at the top of their lungs on the Lower East Side at 4 in the morning?

Am I hating all punk rock because of Good Charlotte?

Between really seeing Hoboken for the first time on Monday and my experiences last night I think my feelings on NJ need to be seriously re-evaluated.

The entire state is METAL. People live free or die out there. It is the last bastion of real Metal. LA was always the poseur state, and we all know how NYC goes down. I spend more time on dates trying to justify in terms the lady can understand that this doesn't somehow change everything else she likes about me.

Is Jersey happiness? Probably not. But if I lived there I could spend more time befriending members of Symphony X. And last night in the CVS at Rutherford I was able to buy two bottles of Passover Coke, one of which I am swigging from right now to try to get my scratchy blown out voice back in shape so I don't sound like Peter Brady at the office tomorrow.

A blog about recording Metal in Brooklyn.