Monday, May 11, 2009

T Minus 30 freaking days

Tensions are definitely up as we started work on the last song today, "The Quest for the Latke Oil." This is the 9th and final proper song on the record.

There will not be another full rehearsal for a week and a half. In that time we will break into smaller groups, work out the rhythms as two guitars and bass, and work with our drummer to make sure tempos are ok and that all his kicks match.

I confessed to Doug our bassist today that I am petrified about being the mix engineer. I know I can do this but I do become the only member of the band whose primary responsibilities start once everything is recorded. Stress is good for the soul though. For the body? Well I have a physical tomorrow. I will let my doctor tell me how anticipating the mix is treating my digestive tract.

Despite the brief venting above I definitely think this band is going to be ready. Many records have been written and recorded much quicker and under much more adversity. I am so proud of how much we have been able to do in the few short months since deciding this would be the next project. It took us five years to write five songs since recording Wrath of the Gods and suddenly we have 9 songs ready to go in less than six months. We can really step up to the plate when we need to and I can't wait for you guys to hear this. Even if you don't care about holiday music this is going to be a really interesting album........

A blog about recording Metal in Brooklyn.