Friday, December 21, 2007

Vacation part 1 - the roomate is gone

So my vacation is starting to take shape. For the first leg of complete freedom my roomate is away in California. I wanted to create some activities that would take advantage of the silence.

Activity #1: "A food borne illness grows in Brooklyn." Kristin received a frozen turkey as a Thanksgiving gift and a black truffle as an Xmas gift from her work. So we are going to have a full on Xmas dinner this weekend. Turkey is defrosting and by tomorrow night it is getting a brine. Neither of us have cooked a turkey so this is going to be pretty interesting. Definitely going to make a truffled mashed potatoes, and may even baste the turkey in truffle butter. Any other suggestions for truffle oriented sides? I imagine by the time the truffle has run its course I'm going to drop it in olive oil and have an awesome truffle oil for a while.

Activity #2: Demolish what is left of my hearing. I will be recording. A lot. LOUDLY. I want to experiment with both recording live guitars in the studio and using some new mic techniques. Expect some noise up soon.

A blog about recording Metal in Brooklyn.