Thursday, September 27, 2007

So long, suckers!

I'm out of here. At about 5:30 am tomorrow I will wake up, shower, get picked up on the way to JFK and I'm done. I'm going off the grid until next week.

Goodbye crappy day job, goodbye MySpace, goodbye band, goodbye drama, goodbye Flickr, goodbye OiNK, goodbye IM and the new virtual punch card, goodbye everything.

Yes I will have continued email access, but I am straight up off the web. If you want me, call or text me. If you don't know me or talk to me regularly, goodbye for now. I'll probably start re-posting around Wed or Thursday.

Lord knows I need a break from everything. I am coming Austin. I will be eating all of your smoked pigs, buying your cowboy hats, and as a New Yorker who has worked around Times Square for many years will photograph everything with impunity.

Stay classy, Brooklyn. I'll see you next week. For now, I'm a ghost floating through walls. I am one load of laundry away from sleeping away the wretched excess of the last week and shedding my responsibilities like a reptile. Find a way to stay Metal in my absence. Go see Sonata Arctica on Saturday at BB King's. Me? I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck. I'm out of here.

A blog about recording Metal in Brooklyn.